1. What do the following numerals represent?
2. What are the next two letters in the following series?
3. What is special about the following number sequence?
8, 5, 4, 9, 1, 7, 6, 10, 3, 2, 0
4. A man was driving alone in his car when he spun off the road at high speed. He crashed through a fence and bounced down a steep ravine before the car plunged into a fast flowing river. As the car slowly settled in the river, the man realized that his arm was broken and that he could not release his seat belt and get out of the car. The car sank to the bottom of the river. He was trapped in the car. Rescuers arrived two hours later, yet they found him still in the river, but alive. How come?
5. A man was killed on Sunday morning. His wife found the body and called the police. The police arrived and questioned the chef, maid, butler, and gardener. Their alibis were:
Chef – making breakfast
Maid – getting mail
Butler – setting table
Gardener – watering plants
The police immediately arrested the criminal. Who was it and how did they know?
6. Removing an appendix is called an appendectomy, removing tonsils is called a tonsillectomy. What is it called when they remove a growth from your head?
7. A police officer saw a truck driver clearly going the wrong way down a one-way street, but did not try to stop him. Why not?
8. While on safari in the wild jungles of a man woke one morning and felt something in the pocket of his shorts. It had a head and a tail, but no legs. When the man got up he could feel it move inside his pocket. The man, however, showed little concern and went about his morning rituals. Why such a casual attitude?
9. What three things that you can eat can you never have for breakfast?
10. A New York city hairdresser recently said that he would rather cut the hair of three Canadians than that of one New Yorker. Why?