1. A man left home one morning. He turned right and ran straight ahead. Then he turned left. After a while, he turned left again, running faster than ever. Then he turned left once more and decided to go home. In the distance he could see two masked men waiting for him. Who were they?
2. If you had a ton of feathers and a ton of stones which would be heavier?
3. How many cubic feet of earth are there in a hole measuring 3 feet wide by 4 feet long by 5 feet deep?
4. Tom’s mother has three children. One is named April, one is named May. What is the third one named?
5. Two women apply for a job. They are identical and have the same mother, father and birthday. The interviewer asks, “Are you twins?” to which they honestly reply, “No”.How is this possible?
6. Where was Queen Cleopatra’s temple?
7. You are standing outside a closed door. On the other side of the door is a room that has three light bulbs in it. The room is completely sealed off from the outside. It has no windows and nothing can get in or out except through the door. On the outside of the room there are three light switches that control each of the respective light bulbs on the other side of the door.
Your assignment is to determine which light switch controls which light bulb. You are allowed to enter the room only once, and once you come out, you must be able to state with 100% certainty which light switch controls which light bulb.
8. In what month do people eat the least?
9. There are three extremely bright men seeking the hand of a woman. The woman loves her men smart, but cannot decide which one of the three men is the smartest. Consequently, she proposes a test. The woman places a mark on each man’s forehead and tells them that each of them has either a blue mark or a red mark. She instructs them to raise their hand if they see a blue mark on either of the other two. The first man to determine what color his mark is, and explain how he arrived at that conclusion will have her hand in marriage. Each man raised his hand, and a few moments later, one of them had the answer. What color was the winner’s mark and how did he know?
10. How many marbles can you put in an empty bag?