1. Why is it that, in general, the hair on a man’s head goes grey before the hair in his moustache does?
2. How could a baby fall out of a twenty-story building onto the ground and live?
3. A woman is lying on a bed, and on the floor beside it is a pair of scissors. The scissors were instrumental in her death, yet there is no trace of blood. The woman’s body reveals no signs of any cuts or bruises. How could she have been murdered with the pair of scissors?
4. You are the bus driver. At your first stop, you pick up 29 people. On your second stop, 18 of those 29 people get off, and at the same time 10 new passengers arrive. At your next stop, 3 of those 10 passengers get off, and 13 new passengers come on. On your fourth stop 4 of the remaining 10 passengers get off, 6 of those new 13 passengers get off as well, then 17 new passengers get on. What is the color of the bus driver’s eyes?
5. Something extraordinarily unusual happened on the 6th of May, 1978 at 12:34 p.m. What was it?
6. A rooster lays an egg at the very top of a slanted roof. Which side is the egg going to roll off on?
7. A man was drinking a cup of tea when he was suddenly blinded. How?
8. A man and his son are in a car crash. The father is killed and the child is taken to hospital gravely injured. When he gets there, the surgeon says, ‘I can’t operate on this boy – for he is my son!!!’ How can this possibly be?
9. An Arab sheikh tells his two sons to race their camels to a distant city to see who will inherit his fortune. The one whose camel is slower will win. The brothers, after wandering aimlessly for days, ask a wise man for advice. After hearing the advice they jump on the camels and race as fast as they can to the city. What does the wise man say?
10. John was watching television. Just after the midnight news there was a weather forecast: “It is raining now and will rain for the next two days. However, in 72 hours it will be bright and sunny.” “Wrong again,” snorted John. He was correct but how did he know?